- the kinds of information that we collect and hold, which is likely to be ‘health information’ for the purposes of the Privacy Act;
- how we collect and hold personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- how you may access your personal information and seek the correction of that information;
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint;
- whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients;
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the OAIC:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Post: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
2. Collection of your personal information
The Privacy Act provides that individuals must have the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with our practice, except in certain circumstances, such as where it is impracticable for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself. However, for access to many additional ADHD-BED Integrated® client features on the website or to become a patient you are required to submit personally identifiable information.
Types of information we may collect:
Personal Information: Personal information is information defined as such under the Privacy Act and is used to specifically identify an individual, such as a user’s name, address, and e-mail address. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual. We may also collect and store the following personal information and material should you become a patient:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email and contact details
- Medicare number, DVA number and other government identifiers
- Other health information about you, including:
- notes of your symptoms or diagnosis and the treatment given to you
- your specialist reports and test results
- your appointment and billing details
- your prescriptions and other pharmaceutical purchases
- your dental records
- your genetic information
- your healthcare identifier
- any other information about your race, sexuality or religion, when collected by a health service provider.
Usage Information: Personal information does not include usage information. Usage information is data we collect about our services and client usage of those services, from which individual client identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Usage information helps us understand trends and client needs so we can better refine and introduce features to improve user experience. We might share usage information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
And any other such information or material that we deem necessary and which may or may not include personal or health information.
3. Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling payments and client support enquiries. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. ADHD-BED Integrated® takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
4. Use of your Personal Information
For each visitor to reach the website, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable Usage Information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the website, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are using the website.
From time to time, we may use client information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes of providing health advice or any other purpose for which such information is provided and where it would be reasonable to expect us to be able to use said information, as you expressly consent from time to time, or as otherwise permitted by law or pursuant to the Privacy Act. We may also use and share your personal information for the following express purposes:
- to supply our services to you including but not limited to responding to your enquiries;
- to send appointment confirmation or reminders;
- to share with third party health care providers with your consent;
- to send you payment and invoicing details and with Medicare or health insurance agencies;
- to update your Personal Information;
- to lessen or prevent a threat to a person’s life, health or safety or that of the public and/or it is impractical or improper to obtain your prior consent;
- to assist in locating a missing person;
- to defend, exercise or establish a legal or equitable claim or as part of any mediation, arbitration or investigation;
- where we are required by law to do so;
5. Email and Newsletters
When you create an account or become a patient, we ask for personal information such as your name, delivery address and email address. This personal information may be used to send you the newsletter(s) and other information that you have opted in to receive. You may choose not to receive emails or electronic newsletters from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the specific email from which you wish to opt-out; (B) contacting [enter email contact] and specifying the particular email(s) from which you wish to be removed.
6. Disclosure of Usage Information
- ADHD-BED Integrated®’s own business purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate market size, measure traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, usage and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third-party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
- Business transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
7. International Users and Overseas Storage
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control.
We provide no guarantee that such personally identifiable information will not be the target of malicious or unauthorised attempts by third parties to obtain such information and in the event of such a third-party obtaining information through unauthorised means, we will be unable to control the use of such information.
9. Third Party Links
10. Third Party Sources
12. Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. ADHD-BED Integrated® reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.